Dealing With A Lot

    This morning, I watched a church sermon online, where the pastor talked about the life of the late Chadwick Boseman, who is indeed #oursuperhero. Yes, dealing with a lot is so hard. A critically important life lesson is that even in the midst of your most difficult circumstances and experiences, you can still be productive.

    I was absolutely heartbroken when I heard the news of his passing. He was so young. For me, this hurts because the movie Black Panther made a significant impact on me personally and professionally. As a chemist an educator, I have focused on connecting with young people and doing my very best to make the chemistry curriculum accessible to the broader community. This type of equity and inclusion work is tremendously hard and why this loss hurts so very much. 

    After watching movies like Black Panther and Hidden Figures, I somehow felt I had been given the absolute permission to walk in my purpose. In other words, I truly felt empowered. I was inspired by King T'Challa and his younger sister Shuri and what is possible for the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) community when everyone is included. Everyone does not have a seat at the STEM table.

    Yes, I know that Wakanda and vibranium are not real and we are dealing with A LOT in the year 2020. However, being empowered and inspired by characters in films and movies is truly powerful. The movie Black Panther inspired me to be a better chemist and educator.  However, Chadwick Boseman inspired me to be a much better human being. Rest easy my King. 










Comments

  1. You are our Shuri in Chemistry. A bond that connects us to our heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. newclear slot เราเป็นเว็บ PG ที่ปราศจากความสลับ ซับซ้อน สามารถเปิดลงทุนคว้ากำไรได้ตลอดระยะเวลาบริการเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ ชั้นหนึ่งของโลกแล้วก็เกมสล็อตแบบใหม่ทุกแบบป็นที่นิยมเยอะที่สุด

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Another Beautician

Unsung Chemist: Dr. Booker T. W. White (1907 - 1990)

A New Place Called 'Better'