Finding Another Beautician

We all know that hair has always been a very big deal in the African American community. Finding the right beautician is just as important as finding the right shoes to match an outfit. It really does matter.

Today, I decided to try a new beautician near my home for a quick blow dry and curl. When I arrived at the salon--on time--the salon was closed. I decided to call the beautician on her cell and she informed me she was about 10 minutes away. She actually showed up about 20 minutes later, but I was trying to give her a "pass" because the weather was a little nasty outside. While waiting, another young lady was waiting to see a different beautician who was also late. She an I chatted for a minute and she told me that her appointment was at 10:00am, but it was pushed back to 11:00am. (It was about 11:20am at this point.)

My beautician finally arrived and apologized for being so late. She actually did a decent job, and I did accept her apology. She tried to convince me to get some color to cover up my gray hair, which I refused to do. She kept calling them "the Lord's highlights." I told her that I liked my gray hair, and I don't wish to color them just yet. While I was leaving, I noticed that the young lady that I chatted with earlier, was still waiting on her beautician. It was 12:30! I was angry for her. I don't know why some beauticians believe it is acceptable to treat their clients like that. It is completely unprofessional. I do hope in the New Year, this young woman will find another beautician that would be happy to have her for a client. See you all in 2010!

Comments

  1. Now I understand why my wife is willing to drive 180 miles back to MD to her "Old Hair Dresser" instead of using the local suburban Philly ones. Unprofessional says it all.

    TonyD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sibrina: You've hit one of my hot buttons-- I've "fired" at least 3 hairdressers. Even though my hairdresser is not the greatest stylist; I've been a loyal customer for 20 years because she at least respects my time-- I am in and out for a wash/press and curl in less than an hour. We have to stop patronizing businesses that are not professional-- we are enabling this abuse!!

    SL Haynie

    ReplyDelete
  3. ทดลองเล่นสล็อต pg ไม่ เด้ง เคยเป็นไหมทดลองเล่นสล็อตออนไลน์บนเว็บพนันออนไลน์ ลองเล่นเกมใหม่ๆ เกมภาพสวยๆ เล่นได่แปบเดียวก็เด้ง ต้องมาทดลองเล่นที่เราเลย กับ PG-SLOT.GAME

    ReplyDelete
  4. PG JOKER มีโปรโมชั่นมากมาย ให้คุณได้เลือก สิทธิพิเศษ สำหรับสมาชิกสุดพิเศษของพวกเรา เมื่อลงทะเบียนสมัครสมาชิกใหม่ รับโบนัสโดยทันที ของยอดฝาก เกมสนุกแถมได้เงินไม่อั้นพีจีสล็อตเว็บเดียวเท่านั้น

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unsung Chemist: Dr. Booker T. W. White (1907 - 1990)

A New Place Called 'Better'