Vibranium and the Entrepreneurial Spirit


Several years ago as a Postdoctoral Researcher in the Department of Chemistry at Louisiana State University, I read the American Chemical Society's (ACS) publication, Careers for Chemists: A World Outside the Lab, which absolutely changed my life. Prior to reading the book, I assumed that the best career option for me was to be a chemistry professor. This book provided engaging narratives about many career pathways for chemists including, patent law, forensic science, business and science journalism. Thus, after my postdoc, I decided to pursue an opportunity as an editor and writer for the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS). Needless to say, the opportunity with AAAS is the reason that I enjoy writing to this very day! (Honestly, every STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) major needs effective writing skills. You could make remarkable achievements and discoveries in the laboratory, but if you can't communicate your results, what is the point?)

I discovered from reading the book that my training as a chemist opens the door to so many opportunities and to not limit myself. I now realize that it is perfectly fine for me to be an ‘entrepreneurial spirit' and pursue any career option that I want. My journey as a chemist has been amazing so far and yes, I have dealt with some heart breaking and painful career challenges. But now, I am doing fun and engaging work focused on STEM education, which includes initiatives focused on Marvel Studios Black Panther and Vibranium. In addition, I have proudly collaborated with Media Communication majors  to develop a 30-min student film entitled, Women Untold  focused on the career achievements of three amazing women in the STEM disciplines, namely Alice Augusta Ball, Dr. Jewel P. Cobb and Dr. Evelyn Boyd Granville. Women Untold truly celebrates diversity and inclusion in the STEM fields, and I am quite proud of the students tremendous efforts to bring my published articles to life. At the end of the day, your happiness is your responsibility. Don’t be afraid to take risks in your career and walk in your truth.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pg slot ทดลองเล่น หากิจกรรมยามว่างฆ่าเวลาเเถมยังได้เงินต้องทดลองเล่น พีจีสล็อต เกมคาสิโนออนไลน์สะดวกสุดๆ เล่นที่ไหนก็ได้ 24ชม.โบนัสเเตกง่าย รับเงินไปเลยฝาก-ถอนง่ายเเละไว

    ReplyDelete
  3. pg soft ความสนุกใหม่ ของปี 2022 ที่จะทำให้คุณ ลืมทุกเกมส์ สล็อตออนไลน์ ที่เคยเล่นมา เพราะนี่ คือเกมส์ ที่มีความสมจริง และมีสีสัน ที่สวยงาม งดงาม กว่าเกมส์สล็อต ในแบบเดิมๆpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. pg slot99 เกมสล็อต ค่าย พีจี ถือเป็นค่าย เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ มาแรงตลอดหลายปี ที่ผ่านมา เปิดตัวใหม่ มาใน รูปแบบเกมสล็อต 3D มีเกมสล็อต น่าสนุกตื่นเต้น ที่นักเดิมพัน ในการเข้าเล่น

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Another Beautician

Unsung Chemist: Dr. Booker T. W. White (1907 - 1990)

A New Place Called 'Better'