I Want My Bottle Cap

Well, this Halloween, I had the opportunity to attend an NBA game featuring the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Charlotte Bobcats with a good friend. The game was a bit slow at times, but I did enjoy seeing Lebron and Shaq lead their team to victory. I also enjoyed watching the Cavalier Scream teams' reenactment of Michael Jackson's Thriller video. My friend was cheering and dancing in her seat.

However, I do have one complaint about this evening. Before tip-off, I decided to get a little something to eat, specifically some pizza, milk duds, and a bottle of water. (Yes, I know this is NOT healthy and my teeth and gums are VERY uncomfortable at the moment, but this is not the point.) Anyway, when I received my bottle of water from the cashier, she told me that she had to remove the cap because "that is the law." First of all, this is not a law, but a rule put in place by the NBA. Secondly, I didn't like this at all because here she is handling dirty money, but it is ok for her to remove my bottle cap? That is unsanitary. I then asked for her to give me the bottle cap, and she refused! I questioned her further about this and she told me they don't want the fans to have bottle caps to throw at the opposing teams. Are you serious?? Here is my take on the issue--I spent my hard earned money on a ticket and food at this arena. The least they can do is give me my bottle cap. Now, I do understand the NBA putting rules in place to ensure that all fans will be respectful of opposing teams. Being a good sport is important. However, if there are fans being disrespectful, remove them from the arena. Security is there for this very reason--to protect the players and the fans. Quite frankly, refusing to give someone a bottle cap is just silly. Now, did I forget to mention that I paid $4 for this bottle of water? Thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. Did someone tell David Stern and other NBA officials that uncapped water could be a trip hazard if it a little spills? Thanks for the heads up. I will lay on the floor at my next game and see what compensation the league gives me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Another Beautician

Unsung Chemist: Dr. Booker T. W. White (1907 - 1990)

A New Place Called 'Better'