Why Do I Love DSW?

Yes, this blog entry is partly about my passion for buying shoes and why I seem to have a religious experience every single time I walk into my favorite DSW shoe store. Believe me, I feel like I am truly in heaven every time I go! Sometimes, when I find the right shoes, I feel like God himself made them just for me.

Ladies, do you notice how we will walk up and down every single aisle picking up as many shoes as possible? We closely examine a pair of shoes like it is a fine piece of art and only then will we try them on for size. We take a close look at the sole, stitching, color, and heel as if we made them ourselves. If we decide we don’t like them, we follow the same routine with the next pair of shoes. (Fellas, don’t feel left out here. You follow a similar routine when you purchase shoes.)

Now, what if we use the same strategy for buying shoes and apply it to the other aspects of our life. Think about that and the choices you have made in your career and personal life. Should I buy a house or continue to rent an apartment? Is this the right church home for me? Should I purchase a new car or just continue to drive the vehicle I already have? Am I really on the right career path? When will I learn to say no? We ask all of the right questions when buying shoes, but shouldn’t we ask the right questions when we are dealing with more important life changing decisions?

Yes, I may be comparing apples to oranges here, but the point I wish to make is that we need to really think about the choices we make. Now, making a well informed decision does not guarantee you true happiness. But, I think you will appreciate the blessings that you already have been given.

Why do I love DSW? Honestly, one of my friends recently told me that I seem to have developed a “shoe fetish,” which is precisely why I go more than I need too. But, I am not an impulsive shopper. I take my time before making a real “commitment” and purchase any pair of shoes. Your simple take home message—quite frankly, just think carefully before you act!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Another Beautician

Unsung Chemist: Dr. Booker T. W. White (1907 - 1990)

A New Place Called 'Better'